Motivating emerging talent and providing them with opportunities for exposure is something that is ingrained in our mission. Pitch to LAFS was established to give Latin American designers the opportunity to share their work with industry leaders from all facets of the industry. Finalists receive valuable tools and feedback that further solidify their brands. Last year, the judges included Fabricio Cárdenas, Lisa Smilor and Ramya Giangola, amongst others.
Over 80 creatives applied to the first ever Pitch to LAFS, and were narrowed down to 10 finalists, and lastly, three final winners:
•1st Place- Kika Vargas, Colombia
•2nd Place, Chiara Machiavello of ESCVUDO, Peru
•3rd Place, Sandra Weil, Mexico
Think your brand has what It takes for Pitch to LAFS?
Deadlines and announcements for PITCH TO LAFS
•1st Round- make sure to apply before May 22nd, after that date we will select 20 second round finalists that will be announced on June 3rd.
•2nd Round finalists must submit follow up application before June 17th. After a thorough screening process, we will announce on July 15th the top 10 finalists that will present their PITCH to 20 international judges on November 13th.
For the 10 finalists that want to confirm their participation, the Pitch to LAFS has a cost of $3000USD and includes:
* A lifetime opportunity to present your brand to more than 20 international judges.
* Receive mentorship and feedback from the judges starting the announcement of the finalists.
* 1 All Access General Admission ticket worth $695 USD (this ticket includes access to all panels, activations, welcome dinner party and closing dinner party).
* 1 stand to present your brand to 30 international buyers from November 12th – 15th at the LAFS SHOWROOM activation worth $1500 USD
* 50% discount on a all access general admission for one member of your company or close relative.